Tips to Make Dress Hats
1. Purchase a plain hat. A cloche style or plain wide-brimmed hat like a sun hat are easy for beginners. If you are making the hat to go with a particular outfit, keep the color of the outfit in mind when choosing the color of your hat.
2. Decide what kind of look you\'d like. For instance, for a spring hat, choosing flowers and embellishments in pastel colors is a good idea. Feathers or rhinestones tend to give a dramatic look that is good for winter clothing.
3. Place your embellishments on the hat using pins; double-stick tape can also work, especially if you are worried about damaging the hat. Take the embellishments off and put them on again, arranging until you like the look of your hat. If you have trouble deciding what will look good, keep in mind that things tend to look good in odd numbers. For instance, an arrangement of one large flower with two small flowers is good; a single large flower is also simple and pretty. You can keep your embellishments in one isolated spot on the hat or make them go all the way around, which is a good look for a sun hat.
4. Take off the embellishments once you know what arrangement you would like.
5. Glue your embellishments on, using hot glue, in the same way that you arranged them before.
6. Purchase a plain hat. Fedoras are a classic look for men, but a derby hat is also good for an old-fashioned look.
7. Select embellishments that are appropriate for the hat. Men\'s hats are very subtle; leather bands or cords, very plain cloth strips or a couple of short, plain feathers are good for a men\'s dress hat.
8. Select embellishments that are appropriate for the hat. Men\'s hats are very subtle; leather bands or cords, very plain cloth strips or a couple of short, plain feathers are good for a men\'s dress hat.
9. Glue the embellishments in place using hot glue.
Thanks and Regards
Posted by: Richard on Nov 08 2012Tags: Apparel
TradeFord.com is a growing B2B Trade Directory and Marketplace connecting global Importers, Exporters, Manufacturers and Traders at a reliable, common platform.
Let TradeFord.com match your sourcing needs with suitable supplier or manufacturer. Just fillout RFQ form and start getting quotations only from suitable supplier.
Wanted to learn How to Trade? Need advise for launching a new products? Whatever is in your mind... Click below to post a topic and start interacting with Trade Community!